On March 9th, the Snowflake Community will be hosting a livestreamed data vault panel discussion, and we’d love for you to join us! Snowflake Community events are opportunities for data professionals to get together, share experiences, and learn from each other. Kent Graziano (Chief Technical Evangelist at Snowflake) will lead a lively discussion on Data Vault with Snowflake and be joined by Keith White (the Chief Technology Officer at Paciolan), Aravind Murugesh (Principal Data Engineer and Architect at Portland General Electric) and Veronika Durgin (Principal Software Engineer at Indigo Ag). In this discussion, they'll explore how Data Vault 2.0 on Snowflake addresses their specific business challenges . After attending this session, you will walk away with an understanding of:
- Why they choose Data Vault 2.0 on Snowflake
- How they got up-and-running with Data Vault 2.0
- A look at how they architected Data Vault 2.0 on Snowflake and key features to consider
- Lessons learned along the way
This event with be livestreamed on Snowflake's YouTube channel. Please register to join us!
9:00am | Welcome & Introductions
9:10am | Panel Discussion
9:30am | Attendee Q&A
9:40am | Closing Remarks
Portland General Electric
Principal Data Engineer
CTO / CPO
Lead Data Engineer
Chief Technical Evangelist
Kent Graziano is an internationally recognized industry expert in Cloud and Agile Data Warehousing as well an award winning author and speaker in the areas of data modeling, data warehousing, and data architecture. He is a certified Data Vault Master, Data Vault 2.0 Practitioner (CDVP2), and Oracle ACE Director (Alumni) with over 30 years of experience, including more than two decades designing data warehousing and business intelligence solutions (in multiple industries). Kent has developed and led many successful software and data warehouse implementation teams, including multiple agile DW/BI teams.
Kent has also written dozens of articles and given hundreds of presentations (both nationally and internationally). He co-authored multiple books related to data modeling including "The Data Model Resource Book"(with Bill Inmon and Len Silverston). He is the co-author (with Dan Linstedt) of "The Business of Data Vault Modeling" and the co-editor of Dan's book "Super Charge Your Data Warehouse", the technical book about Data Vault Modeling. In addition, he is now the author of four Kindle format data warehouse and data modeling related books, also available on Amazon.com.
You can subscribe to his blog at https://kentgraziano.com/ or follow him on twitter @KentGraziano.
• Communicating complex technology concepts in written and presentation form
• Leading and coaching Agile DW/BI development teams
• Teaching and implementing Data Vault 2.0 modeling and methodology
• Architecting large scale cloud data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytic solutions
• Directing data warehouse and business intelligence implementations
• Translating business requirements into information technology systems
• Creating data models using a variety of techniques (relational, star, Data Vault 2.0)
• Developing and deploying SDLC & Agile DW processes and standards